Tuesday, July 12, 2016

HEALTH MATTERS: Seek It, Find it, Live it!




Hello World! I haven't been here for awhile, although I have  been pretty active on Facebook and Instagram. I have been living my dreams!!  Dreams that were buried for so long because of debilitating health problems. I dug them up and have been blessed to fill my time lately with recording my CD, renovating our (new to us) home --a fixer upper farmhouse...
 
...enjoying lazy summer days, and playing with my adorable babies, loving life, and staying busy with my amazing job as a certified health coach, and church service.

I've been aching to get back on my blog. I love this little world of mine. I don't know if anyone ever reads these much, but it's a way for me to kind of journal my life,  truly in hopes that I can help someone else.

I often get asked about my "story." This is in reference to my health journey. It often surprises me that so many people can relate to my story, because while I was in the midst of it, I felt so alone.



I definitely believe that having the courage to share my challenges totally freed me. Not just to others, but to myself. I finally allowed myself to accept that I had health problems. Some that went away by simply following the heath program I started,  which truly changed me and woke me up, and helped me in soooo many more ways than I can count...but there were/are other health challenges that I knew would always be there (i.e. chronic severe depression and anxiety)--lurking in the background, waiting for me to feel frustrated, discouraged, disappointed, etc and taking that opportunity to throw me back down into my dark, lonely, cold hole. It's been almost a year and half since I started down the road of optimal health, and I wouldn't change it for the world.


Despite the many challenges I have faced as a result. I have been ridiculed and torn down by some who should have supported me, and been happy for me and excited to share in my joy. That has been the hardest thing for me. Learning how to let go of that, learning that others may not want health--yet--and that my sincere desire to truly help others, as I have been helped, may come across to some--who just simply don't know--as "selling something" or "sales pitching." And without even knowing what it is I do, they run away. That has been difficult for me. I am not a sales person. I don't ever want to be. That is definitely not a strength God gave to me (ha),  so I don't seek for selling opportunities--it scares me to death to ask someone to buy something. So I steer clear of those kinds of things. But that's why I love my health program even more; because I--imperfect, and flawed as I am--can offer this gift to someone else, so that they too might find their own health, joy, freedom, and life. Those things are free. I don't have to sell those, I just have to share how to attain them. Is it easy? No. Will you fail along the way? Probably. But wouldn't you rather have health, joy, freedom, and life over where you are now? I know I did, it was a no-brainer for me. From being of mom of 3 who disappeared to her bed most of the day, hating herself because she wasn't able to do what she so badly wanted to do.

Being in constant physical pain and feeling the anguish, the deep despair, the huge desire to dissolve into nothing, in hopes that I would no longer be in such pain or cause pain and discomfort to others for all that I could not do. I was literally in the depths of my own despair,
(not my best moment...)
so far away from reality that sometimes it was terrifying. So, to mentally and physically be where I am now, is such a HUGE miracle in my life. One that I am ever grateful for and one I give all the credit to my loving Heavenly Father who knew I had a role to play. Isn't He wonderful?! I truly know that He has a plan for each of us, divine, and individual and beautiful. Our job is to seek it, to find it and to live it.

So, as a result of my seeking, and finding I now feel a huge responsibility to share the knowledge and joy that God has given to me in this life. He led me down a road, that so often I asked He would end for me, and I truly believe all the pain--mental and physical--and trial I --and my family -- have gone through was to bring me to this moment in this life. This very point. I was given my trials, so that I could help others with theirs--What a blessing.


So I am sincerely asking for your help. Because I am not the most confident person in the world, nor the most extroverted, or well spoken, or well known; but I do honestly care, sincerely love, and deeply want to spread the word.
So what is my point? 

I guess my point is that I want to help you, or your mom, dad, sister, brother, cousin, friend, neighbor, daughter, son etc (you get the point) ha :)  You know people I don't know. Let them know I'm a certified Health Coach and I can help them with their health. I don't know what you're/they're going through, but I know that you/they are. We are all on our own journey, we all have a story to tell. Some are in the midst of the despair, others have climbed the mountain and get to help others up.

Let go of your fear, your pride, your worry, your... whatever, and let me help. I want to sooo badly because I don't want anyone to suffer as much or as long as I suffered not when there is hope for life again--and not just in the next life, but here in THIS one. Stop being tired, sick, stressed, overwhelmed, in pain, despaired, and reach out to me. Say, "Emily, I need your help." or "I know someone who needs your help."  I'll know what you mean and I'll take it from there.

Ok, so what is this program, and what is a health coach? you might ask. Well when someone wants to improve their health, whether it be to lose weight, get off medications, get help with their diabetes, or lowering cholesterol, kicking inflammation, gaining energy, sleeping better, reducing stress, maintaining weight, or just getting healthy in any other way, I explain our comprehensive health program. Which was started by a doctor whom I truly love, what an amazing man!
Dr. Wayne Scott Andersen and family
He was totally inspired by his desire to help people be healthy. He was the director of a surgical critical care program for 18 years, and was literally trying to save people from dying. He could see that so many of these illnesses and death sentences could have been prevented simply through education and by changing their health habits. So, he left his practice and decided to start a new program. In his words by "Using a team approach of health professionals working with Health Coaches, we can provide leading edge nutritional solutions, medical support and the support of caring individuals, to provide the necessary one-on-one interaction so vital in changing peoples' lives."   Our program has been proven safe and effective in clinical studies conducted by researchers from major teaching hospitals (i.e. Johns Hopkins). It has been recommended by over 20,000 doctors since 1980. Those things looked pretty good to me when I was at the end of my rope March of 2015. I didn't want a fad diet. Diets don't work. The 30 pounds of weight I was carrying around was the least of my problems, I NEEDED HEALTH! And I was so relieved to find a program I could trust that could teach me how to get that.

So, as a health coach I share how our program works with each person who wants to gain health. We talk about your goals, and determine what it is that you really want. If we decide together that the program is a good fit for you, then, as a free health coach, I partner with you to show/teach/guide you through our program. Because I'm on that road, we walk it together. I get to cheer you on, cry with you, or laugh with you, find the positive things even on the worst days. I love it! It's the best job in the whole wide world. I get to do it from anywhere, at anytime. Watching people work to transform their lives is amazing, and it inspires me everyday.


So again, I am asking that you get help. Reach out to me, whether for yourself or for someone else, it can't hurt to try. Don't watch yourself or those you love get lost in poor health, or stress, there is help, and hope and it really works!

I am so grateful that my friend and health coach reached out to me. I don't know where I'd be if she hadn't....and now in return I can't imagine NOT saying something to others if I could help them. Life is beautiful. Life is worth it. Life is hard. But God is good! I challenge you to pray about this, no seriously. Ask who could use this program? Ask is this program right for me?

Then call me.


No comments:

Post a Comment