Tuesday, March 15, 2016

LIFE LESSONS




This is late but I wanted to catch up on my blog what I've been doing on facebook this month.

facebook post Friday March 4th: I have never loved the month of March as I love it this year! This month marks my 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY of when I started improving my health, and changing my life! TODAY is now one of my favorite days. WHY? Because it's the only day of the year that is a command... "March Fourth" LOVE IT! This last year has been the most amazing year to date. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for guiding me on this journey. I have grown so much and am so grateful to so many people for their examples, their encouragement, their testimonies etc. This month I want to post about things/people/quotes that have made a difference in my life. Each of us has the power to make a difference for good in this world. Let us all March "Fourth" and Make A Difference! ‪#‎marchfourthandmakeadifference‬
I loved this blog post about March Fourth from "mbg" (mindbodygreen)! So Wonderful!


I try not to get on social media on Sundays because I want Sunday to be different than other days,  and I don't often post on Saturdays either (and for some reason I didn't post on March 7th, I guess I spaced that day???)
facebook post Tuesday March 8:
Today for my inspiration for ‪#‎marchfourthandmakeadifference‬ is my very best friend. He loves me no matter what I do, He knows what I'm capable of and He helps me even when I don't deserve His help. He is the best man that ever lived, in fact He's perfect, humble, obedient, loving, forgiving, just, kind, and the list goes on and on. He truly is my Savior. Because of Him I am who I am today, and can be even better tomorrow. He is the epitome of someone who as gone forth and made a difference.https://www.lds.org/youth/video/because-of-him?lang=eng

facebook post Wednesday March 9:
What Friends do you have in your life that have inspired and made a difference in your life?
I have so many friends like this but today for my ‪#‎marchfourthandmakeadifference‬ I want to give a shout out to my dear friend Michelle Salisbury McCullough From the moment I first met her she exuded happiness, confidence, beauty and a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ that was contagious. I wanted to be around her and get to know her. She is a successful business coach, entrepreneur, not to mention an incredible public speaker, but she is also an amazing mother, wife and friend! She pursues ways to help others and she is an amazing example of service to me. (She is probably totally embarrassed that I am gushing about her, but she has made a difference in my life). Today on her facebook page she posted this (see below). I am so grateful for her example of Marching Forth and Making A Difference! Thanks Michelle! (isn't she so cute?)
http://www.speakmichelle.com/
Michelle's post: 
We all have goals and dreams. There's a period of time between the idea and the action. It's where we question "Can I?" and evaluate our ability long before we try. This alone is pretty limiting and we often mistake something that seems hard as a reason alone not to do it. Hard is good. Hard pushes and challenges us and it's in the hard that makes us stronger. But there's one other comment even more paralyzing: "I don't deserve it." Let's banish those thoughts and claim the longings in our heart. A man I met at an event in California some years back said, "God won't put a dream in your heart that he wouldn't put in your hands." Let's roll up our sleeves and go to work. Happy Wednesday!



facebook post Thursday March 10:
Today for ‪#‎marchfourthandmakeadifference‬ I am so inspired by this story! This family decided to get healthy together! And are making a huge difference in the lives of their friends and family.
Trey was in treatment for an autoimmune disease and had spent a year and a half on chemo and steroids trying to beat it. He knew that he was not in a healthy state and that the foods that he was putting in were not helping him create health, so he knew that is was time for a change. Jenn was not ready for a change. She had given up hope--hope that she would be anything but a morbidly obese wife and mother. She agreed to start with Trey, on the same day, so that she would not be the reason that he failed.
Trey dropped 105 pounds and Jenn shed 187 pounds. After losing their weight their activity level sky rocketed. Trey started coaching their daughter’s soccer team, trained for a marathon (injury prevented participation), and has competed in the Wild Canyon Games three times. Jenn has ran 5K’s, 10K’s, a half marathon, obstacle races and participated twice in the Wild Canyon Games.
They now consider themselves ‘half the couple’ they once were and are not looking back. Trey has maintained for over 3 years and Jenn has maintained for 2 years 11 months.
 I love being a health coach and seeing these results. It just makes me cry! I'm so happy for people who go from sick and dying to truly thriving!

facebook post Friday March 11:
Today I had a "Mommy Moment" it's one of those moments where you get this huge swelling in your heart, and lump in your throat. I was driving my daughter to school and she and my little guy were in the car. I looked in my rear view mirror to see their faces and I was overcome with how much I love my little babies! So today my ‪#‎marchfourthandmakeadifference‬ goes to my kids. They have made a huge difference in my life! They are the reason I get up in the morning and the reason I do what I do all day long! They are my teachers probably more than I am theirs. They teach me how to forgive, love, share, play, etc. I am so grateful for them. If I could go back and do everything all over I would do it all the same. I Would choose being a mom and wife every time. Love my babies!

facebook post Monday March 14:
Today's shout out goes to this guy right here Jacob Hammon! He's kind of my hero, ha. He has had to deal with a lot when it comes to my health and what I could or couldn't do. He never gave up on me, even when I gave up on myself. He took me from doctor to doctor, he even did research and made appointments for me. He took care of me on days when I couldn't get out of bed. He is an incredible father, always thinking up ways to spend more time with our children. He never ceases to amaze me. Last year when I decided to start my health program and change our lifestyle he didn't bat an eye. Even though he didn't struggle with any health problems he helped me rid our lives (and our pantry) smile emoticon of the unnecessary things and did the program with me (he lost 25 lbs too) and then decided to become a health coach with me. All to support me so I could be successful. He is always at my side. He makes me laugh on those hard days (gosh he's so funny). I could gush about him for a long time, but I won't. He truly inspires me! He has made the biggest difference in my life! Thanks Honey!‪#‎marchfouthandmakeadifference‬

It's been fun to think about people and experiences that have made a difference in my life! I'll continue posting on facebook and here about those people/quotes/experiences that have been influential in my life!

Who or what has made a difference in you life? Share below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment