Wednesday, September 9, 2015

FAMILY MATTERS: Mom's Don't Get Sick Days

So I've told you all that what I wanted most of all was to be a mom and wife. It is so cool that I get to live my dream. Some days, though I'd like to throw in the towel and take a "sick day." Sometimes I'm like "Gosh I sure do love your cute little faces, but could you please stop screaming/whining at me and let me just sit here for two minutes--uninterrupted." The worst is when you actually are really sick, or really depressed, or really in pain, but you still have to get up and take care of those babies the very best you can, as if you weren't sick, depressed or in pain.  But the really neat and beautiful thing about motherhood is that we DON'T get to take the day off.
Once we're a mommy, we're ALWAYS a mommy. We stress, and worry and give all of ourselves every minute of every day. Even when we're "supposed" to be sleeping, we're thinking of ways to be a better mom, or worrying about how to help one of our children. The cleaning, laundry, dishes and to-do lists never end. Just as you finish that last load of laundry, there's suddenly another load to do.
You know what I'm talking about. (I don't take pictures of those moments).


It's a constant, continual giving fest. Through all the selflessness mom's have to give, I think we do receive great blessings and benefits as well. We get to raise little people, who come into this world filled with perfect love. We get to shape them and teach them however best we can. Even when we're not meaning to teach them, we're teaching them. Those little brains are soaking everything up. They come with their own little personalities, (stubbornness), and challenges, and I love that we get to teach them how to best BE. We get to show them how to be a friend, how to forgive, how to share, how to talk, how to eat, how to walk, how to give, how to sleep (that's a hard one), how to be patient, how to listen, how to obey, how to serve, and the list goes on and on.



 But, in reality, don't they teach us more? I've learned how to forgive and forget from my children, better than I've learned from anybody else. I've learned how to love without judgment or fear from my children. I've learned how to just laugh, how to stop and play, how to just "let go." And that list goes on and on too. So even though right now I'd like to get really angry and send all the kids to time-out.... I think I'll just go give them all a big hug and kiss and tell them how grateful I am for them.. for their being a teacher and example to ME, and how much I love being their mom and never (really) want to take a day off.



No comments:

Post a Comment