Tuesday, March 24, 2015

LIFE LESSONS: Imperfection

I've been following a blog for a while. Have you heard of  Liz Marie? She's amazing!!! Head over to her blog at http://www.lizmarieblog.com/ she's definitely an inspiration to me. She does a lot of DIY and her decorating style is totally mine.
Today she posted about imperfection and an imperfect DIY clock she made--mentioning that she's going through some hard times--
 
I am a bit of a perfectionist. I don't like long drawn out projects though, so I tend to cut corners and do things quickly (that's why I'm a fan of spray paint), but I still like things to look nice and perfect and I get frustrated when things aren't just so. That doesn't just apply to my DIY projects and home décor, I'm often impatient and frustrated with my own imperfections.
 
Liz Marie said something today though that hit me hard. She said

"I’m imperfect & so is this clock, & yet I’m still loved & so is this clock"
 
I'd also like to add that: she is beautiful and so is this clock. 
 
I've been going through some difficult things too--aren't we all? This reminded me that it's ok that I'm not perfect yet. God, who made me, knew that I could not be perfect in this life. That's why He sent His Son. But He still loves me, and I'm still beautiful to Him.
 
So today with that great reminder...that I'm not perfect, but I'm still loved...I'll continue to do the best I can. And there's great beauty and perfection in that.
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Wise words from a wonderful lady!!!! Love your thoughts. You truly inspire me!

    ReplyDelete