Tuesday, January 20, 2015

HOME MATTERS: Where are you Christmas

Well there's no question about where Christmas is at our house.
IMG_20141201_105804
The day after Thanksgiving we (I mean my hubby) hauled box after box up from the crawl space.
IMG_0258
Where I then began to unwrap and rediscover all the fun Christmas decorations.
IMG_0245
Some brought with them memories...
20141201_112956
...others brought to mind the people who had given me the Christmas d├ęcor.

IMG_0239
I put on Christmas music and the kids tore open the box of Christmas movies and instantly decided on watching "The Polar Express" (it has played almost non-stop since).
IMG_0233

IMG_0237

IMG_0234
It took nearly 2 days amidst keeping "M" out of everything and keeping the cat from undoing all Christmas Tree goodness (long frustrated mommy growl).
20141201_121330
Hubby put up the Christmas lights--to his own displeasure--but he knew how badly I have wanted them on the house so he set to work to find the best ones and made sure they were exactly what I wanted.
IMG_0200
Then he trekked out to Home Depot and purchased all he thought he would need to hang them "just right." (I love that man--it's never ceases to amaze me what a man-- who feels loved--will do for his woman--but that's a blog post for another day).
IMG_0214
We got the awesome (used to be alive) wreaths from Home Depot for $5 (yes you heard me right) on Black Friday
IMG_0217

IMG_0219
...hubby hung those up too--Thanks Babe! (he stood in this superman pose for like a full minute even after I'd finished taking the picture...what a toad, even the neighbors saw, ha, ha--love that man)
IMG_0211
So despite no snow due the strange (and lovely) warmer winter weather here in Utah, Christmas HAS arrived here at the Hammon Home.
20141201_113101

IMG_0247

IMG_0255

IMG_0250


Looking at the Christmas tree(s) makes me just want to snuggle all up with a mug of hot chocolate
20141201_113055
(and if I could drink hot chocolate (on a new health diet) I WOULD be all snuggled up drinking hot chocolate right now).
20141201_130436
When do you set up your tree? Do you decorate the same every year?
Send me your pictures at mattersofamodernmom@gmail.com
I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a beautiful new year!
We'll talk soon
p.s. sorry for the mostly bad photos, I am currently working on fixing my camera settings. But I HAD to get this posting up before Christmas. :)
Leave me a comment below so I know you stopped by, thanks

2 comments:

  1. Emily, I stopped by and enjoyed your blog. Your home is sooo beautiful and the care and upkeep you do is impressive. (Taking notes over here.) Your family is pretty great too. You were smart to marry one of those hardworking idaho boys. You two seem to make an excellent team. And the girls and I are looking forward to seeing more of your kids soon. Glad to be your neighbor, Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey you're the best! Thanks for stopping by, for leaving such a sweet comment and being a great neighbor and beautiful friend! I am looking forward to all the interactions in the many years to come.

      Delete